Retun flight ticket:
1. Malaysia Airlines KUL- DRW- KUL economy class.
- Enrich Miles redemption + Cash.
- Include in flight meals and 30kg luggage allowance.
- 3 x flight a week from KUL.
- Alternative flight from SIN operates by Jet Star & Silk Air or from Denpasar operates by Air Asia Indonesia.
Visa: (RM 60)
1.Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) - Visitor.
- Its fast and online at www.eta.immi.gov.au
- 1 year validity, 3 months stay.
Travel Insurance: (RM 77)
1. MH Insure Individual Value.
Melaleuca On Mitchell Hostel (4D3N Backpacker Hostel).
Where to go/ What to do:
1. Mindil Beach Sunset Market (April- October Thursday & Sunday).
3. The Mall (Shopping complex & many souvenir shops).
4.Casuarina Square (Shopping mall with Grocery store e.g Coles & Woolworths).
5.Palmerston Friday Night Market (April- October Friday).
6.Parap Saturday Market (Saturday- All year round).
7.East Point Reserve (Sight seeing and Wallabies).
8.Crocodylus Park (RM 120)- Feeding giant crocs and many others animals.
Where to eat (Halal):
1. Ayuniz Cafe Restaurant.
3. Sari Rasa Sate (Mindil Beach/ Palmerston Friday Market/ Parap Saturday Market).
4. Bangladesh Curry Chicken (Palmerston Friday Market).
5. Grocery shop: Coles & Woolworths check Halal Groceries Database AU
1. Best time to visit: Dry season April to October.
2. Strategic location to stay: Mitchell Street (Happening side, near to Coles, Darwin Bus Interchange & many of tour agencies).
3. Buy Darwin Bus Weekly pass (RM 60).
4. Free 24H city WIFI at The Mall area, Smith Street.
5. Cheap transportation to airport by public transport, Bus No. 3 from Casuarina Bus
Interchange. Last bus depart from Casuarina Interchange around 5 pm.
6. Cheap fridge magnet for souvenir, Palmerston Friday Night Market. AUD1 each.
7. Important for solo traveller: Australia Immigration is super strict so better prepare documents such as hotel booking receipt, confirmed return ticket, itinerary trip & employment letter in Malaysia).
8. Custom: Better not to bring any food from Malaysia, even airline food is not allowed. Need to declare those items.
9. Duit poket: Tepuk Dada tanya selera.
|KL International Aiport KUL/WMKK.|
|Super Excited. Aussie dreaming!|
|Boarding Malaysia Airlines MH 0145.|
|Late dinner on board. An adequate in flight meal.|
|It was 4 hours 50 minutes flight.|
|On-board oven fresh cookies.|
|Arrived at DRW/ YPDN 5 am local time.|
|Darwin International Airport.|
|Darwin city centre.|
|Mindil Beach Sunset Market every Thursday & Sunday from April to October every year.|
|Dinner: Sate lontong.|
|Sunset at Mindil Beach.|
|Shop at Coles: city centre.|
|A hearty breakfast at Ayuniz Cafe, a halal Indonesian restaurant.|
|Visit local's mosque for Jumuah prayer. Its near to Casuarina Bus Interchange, or take bus no 9 from Casuarina.|
|Bangladesh Curry Kitchen at Palmerston Friday Night Market.|
|Sari Rasa Sate at Palmerston Friday Night Market.|
|Aussies love Laksa too! Palmerston Friday Night Market.|
|Lepaking with Aussies at at Palmerston Friday Night Market.|
|Exotic souvenir at Parap Sunday Market.|
|Breakfast at Parap Sunday Market.|
|East Point Reserve, Fannie Bay.|
|Gone fishing with the locals. Tyson and Honi at Fannie Beach.|
|Was here! Fannie Beach.|
|And oh, they have postcard-perfect beaches too.. I discovered these were all true!.|
|Baby croc at Crocodylus Park. Take local bus to Palmerston.|
|Super big crocs at the park.|
|More crocs at the park.|
|A roo at the park. More animals such as tiger, lions, dingo and many more.|
|Darwin International Airport. Fly back home.|
|Waiting to board Malaysia Airline flight 0144 DRW-KUL.|
|Boarding Malaysia Airlines flight 0144 at 5 am local time.|
|Perfect morning on the way back home.|
|Arriving Kuala Lumpur.|
|Arrived at KL International Airport Satellite Terminal. KUL/WMKK|
That's all mate. See you on the next post!